Management, integration and analysis of Life Sciences data is one of the main research topics of Khaos Research (University of Málaga, Spain). Our experience includes Large Amounts of Data Reasoning (with an OWL reasoner using database technologies http://khaos.uma.es/dbowl/), Middleware based on ontologies (http://www.khaos.uma.es/yeastmed/, http://www.khaos.uma.es/PseudomonasDW/), semantic relationship discovery, Semantic Web Services, content recommendation based on semantics, optimization algorithms, semantic extension of databases and Semantic Web for E-Science.
Nowadays our group is developing three research topics (management, integration and analysis of data) in line with technologies than can be applied on them:
· Data Management (Relational Databases, NoSQL Databases, Linked Data)
· Knowledge Management and Reasoning (Semantic Technologies)
· (Semantic) Data Integration (Linked Data)
· Data Analysis (Big Data Analytics, Data Mining, Text Mining, Information Retrieval and Optimization Algorithms)
· Smart Data (Big Data, Semantic Technologies)